Croatian Swiss Chard with Potatoes
A flavorful side dish or main course, this Mediterranean diet weight loss recipe is Croatian in origin. Swiss Chard with Potatoes (Blitva sa Krumpirom) is LOADED with vitamin K. In fact, just one cup of Swiss chard contains 636% of the daily recommended intake (Those who take Warfarin (Coumadin) should consume vitamin K with caution).
- 2 potatoes, peeled, large diced
- 1 bunch Swiss chard, chopped, washed, thick stems removed
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- dash sea salt
- Boil the diced potatoes in salted boiling water until soft. Drain and set aside.
- Boil the Swiss chard uncovered for three minutes or until wilted. Drain. Place in a serving bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix the garlic, extra-virgin olive oil, and sea salt.
- Pour the oil mixture over the Swiss chard and toss to coat.
- Add the potatoes and gently toss with the rest of the ingredients.
Thank you for browsing! Affiliate purchases help support our mission to provide free Mediterranean Diet Weight Loss recipes. A percentage of your purchase goes toward webmaster fees, the cost of ingredients, and other expenses involved in producing and marketing the free recipes and information on this website.