Tuscan Lemon Chicken for Two
This quick and delicious lemon chicken recipe features blistered tomatoes, artichokes, and baby spinach for an explosion of flavor in every bite. Our Tuscan Lemon Chicken is perfectly portioned for two healthy servings. Add this recipe to your Pinterest and Yummly collections to keep our go-to Mediterranean weight loss recipe within reach.
Garnish with freshly grated parmesano-reggiano if you’d like. But with all this flavor, it really doesn’t need it!
But First Find Out The Secret Language Of Your Metabolism And Crack The Code To Permanent Fat Loss — Click Here!
- 4-ounces angel hair pasta (cooked = 1 cup / two ½ cup portions)
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 small to medium boneless-skinless chicken breasts, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved (or substitute sun-dried tomatoes)
- ½ cup quartered artichokes (drained)
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- ½ lemon, juice squeezed to taste
- sea salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Bring a small pot of salted water to a boil. Add angel hair pasta and cook until al dente, about 5 minutes. Drain thoroughly and stir in the baby spinach so that it wilts. Stir in just a touch of extra-virgin olive oil. Set aside.
- Add the remaining extra-virgin olive oil to a non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Rinse, dry, and season the chicken breast(s) with salt and pepper. Cook on one side for 5 minutes. Flip and move to one side of the pan.
- On the other side, add the garlic, tomatoes, artichokes, and lemon zest. Stir occasionally, but let the ingredients brown a bit on the hot oil.
- Once the tomatoes are slightly blistered, deglaze the pan with a good squeeze of fresh lemon. Squeeze lemon over the chicken too. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- The chicken is done once it's reached 165°F. Transfer to a clean plate. Slice into one-inch pieces on the bias or leave whole.
- Divide the pasta onto two plates. Top with the lemon chicken, then the vegetable mixture. Serve hot.
Thank you for browsing! Affiliate purchases help support our mission to provide free Mediterranean Diet Weight Loss recipes. A percentage of your purchase goes toward webmaster fees, the cost of ingredients, and other expenses involved in producing and marketing the free recipes and information on this website.